As we said last week, our plan was to make two database match and we succeeded in making the units correspond by using the density of the elements. So far, the first tests we made were convincing, but we are still looking for a density database that we are absolutely sure we can use and trust.
BUT, while looking for different density we also realized that matching them is a delicate task. Indeed, multiple obstacle was in the way of an automatize process. The table below summarizes these differences
For all this reason we though it was altogether too complex to develop a matching algorithm that would asses all of this differences at the same time and we started reaching out to our many colleagues so they can, when they have some minutes to spare, help us matching manually each component together.
As we know that this task will take a vast amount of time (there are 1400+ entries in our component database) we started working on another aspect of the study: The average quantities of elements in a housing building.
This part of the study will able us for early stages, when some of the elements are not drawn yet, to use the average quantity instead and to be more consistent through all the design phases