This week we continued with the treatment of the data extracted from the two first model.
The first task was to compile all the different workbook of a project into a single one. While we were doing this, we went more carefully through the data of each project by manually checking that what the workbook is saying is the same as it is in the model for each element. That is when we realised that some objects were not processed correctly and we made some changes to the script :
- Issue with staircases when on the same system of levels some of them carry on to the above level and some stops there.
- Fixed with using a dispatch between the one that are at least as high as the level and the others and, except for entrance level, the one that reach the level instead of starting from it
- Issue with the way the number of building block was counted.
- Fixed by counting the number of different name the BTA area have
- Issue with the quantity of stairs both for volumes and areas
- Fixed with a more robust way of converting stairs elements to either one solid or multiple (Depending if Riser and Threads have thickness)
Then again we had to rerun all the levels for both files and check each times that everything process correctly.